Professional OrganizationsToday, Johnstown Veterinary Associates is a leader in the field of veterinary medicine and is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA): the accrediting authority of veterinary medicine in the United States. The association sets the educational standards for excellence throughout the world as the gold standard.
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA): a network of veterinary professionals who are committed to provide excellent care for pets by setting high standards in veterinary medicine.
- Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association (PAVMA): the only statewide professional membership organization dedicated exclusively to the profession of veterinary medicine, the interests of veterinarians, their clients and patients.
- Veterinary Information Network (VIN): an on-line veterinary community of veterinarians, professional leaders and consultants where members can inspire, provide support and share strategies and up-to-date protocols and techniques.
- Western Pennsylvania Veterinarian Medical Association (WPVMA):
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP): a professional organization representing feline practitioners who are passionate about the care of cats. They are dedicated to advancing the field of feline medicine and surgery.
- Greater Johnstown Chamber of Commerce: To be the leading community organization dedicated to creating an environment where business growth and the quality of life are maximized.
Proudly serving Cambria, Indiana and Somerset Counties and all surrounding areas.24 Hour Emergency Answering Service Available: (814) 536-5105 Recipient of the 50 Year Award from the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Recognized as one of Johnstown Best Places | Featured in Johnstown Magazine
Animal Care PAJohnstown Veterinary Associates and Animal Care PA have teamed up to raise money to help feed and care for animals in need. Animal Care PA is the charitable arm of the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association and strives to help veterinarians feed and care for animals in need and educate pet owners and veterinary students of the Commonwealth. Our work is focused in three areas: FEED
- Our Henry's Helping Paws Program provides food for the pets of senior citizens so the pets and their owners can stay together.
- The Last Chance (TLC) Program provides veterinary care grants to animals in need when limited or no financial means exist to pay for their care.
- Our Veterinary Student Scholarship Program helps to decrease the financial burden that plagues veterinary students.