Dear Pet Parent,
Is your cat or dog a little H-E-A-V-Y? 53% of U.S. dogs and 58% of U.S. cats are OVERWEIGHT! Walking is a great and encouraged exercise for the entire family. JOIN US on Saturday, July 8th starting at 10 a.m. as Johnstown Veterinary Associates hosts the 2017 1-Mile Fun Walk for Whiskers n’ Wags. Fetch your sneakers, your pet and a leash (or stroller) and get ready for a fun walk. The course begins at Johnstown Veterinary Associates (215 Messenger Street) and ends at East Side Elementary (220 Messenger Street) where Johnstown Neighborhood Boosters will be hosting the Hornerstown Summer Block where there will be food and games for the entire family.
The goal of the event is to help local animal rescue groups while providing your furry-family members with a little workout. Registration is $10 and all funds will go to help area dog and cat rescue groups including Habitat for Hounds and the Nardecchia Spay and Neuter Fund. The first 100 registrants will receive a FREE event T-shirt. Participants will also have the chance to receive complimentary goodies and event favors.
• Registration starts at 10 a.m. and walk begins at 11 a.m. Can also pre-register before the event by picking up a registration form at Johnstown Veterinary Associates
• Pets must be on a leash or in a stroller
• Pets must have current ID and rabies vaccination
• Pet parents will be responsible for cleaning up after their pets
• Pet parents will be responsible for maintaining control of their pets at all times
• Water will be provided for both you and your pet
Whether you’re a runner, walker or just enjoy a great family day filled with wonderful dogs and cats, we hope you’ll join us for the 2017 1-Mile Fun Walk for Whiskers n’ Wags on Saturday, July 8, 2017 starting at 10 a.m. This is an event you won’t want to miss!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at (814) 536-5105.
See you on July 8th!